Monday, December 12, 2016

Project 4: Map Relief

For our fourth project in Art 3D, we were to make a "map." We were to choose our inspiration for our map, and use the packet in class to help us do so. I struggled with this project, and it was hard for me to originally find inspiration. This project was going on right when Hurricane Matthew hit St. Augustine, so I decided to use that as my inspiration. MY life was a little chaotic during this time. My apartment was flooded out, which meant I had to move back to my parents house. I was lucky enough to find a new place a little over a week later. It was a tough time, so I wanted to abstractly represent that in my piece. The only filled in black square was to represent the hurricane, and how it came into my life and everything was dim. The fading of the colors of the squares were to represent the negative slowly drifting away. The white square represented the positive, the "light at the end of the tunnel" so to speak. Which is why it was placed at the top. The piece ending up making a subtle swirl motion, which also could be seen as a representation of the hurricane. Although this project was difficult for me, I'm okay with the overall composition.



No comments:

Post a Comment